[dba-Tech] Flaky system

Scott Marcus marcus at tsstech.com
Wed Aug 4 14:12:48 CDT 2004

Steve,

Instead of trying a different monitor, hook up the additional monitor and see if you get the login screen on the second monitor. You could then go to the screen properties and turn off the "extend desktop" option.

You could also just switch which plug the monitor is in on the back of the card.

I've seen this happen before. The best I could pin it down to was a piece of software that turned on the "extend my desktop to the second monitor" option. I had to uninstall that software to permanently fix it.

Maybe this is what is happening, maybe not.

Scott Marcus