[dba-Tech] hanging processes on server

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Aug 17 10:51:22 CDT 2004

I need to kill Access processes that are hanging on the server after an app
closes on a workstation. This happens from all workstations. (VB app, A97
BE, Windows Server)

I’d like to do this from the workstation session that has the process
hanging. So that if the issue arises the user can click a shortcut icon to
run a script, batch, etc. to accomplish this task.

Any ideas on the best way to accomplish this?

John B.

BTW: The company that wrote the VB app is not responsive to correcting this
problem and the hanging process is causing problems for backups, printing,
etc.