[dba-Tech] Server versions

Drew Wutka dbatech at wolfwares.com
Thu Dec 2 10:59:09 CST 2004

A few issues.  Documentation on W2003 is just barely coming out.  We just
recently migrated our network from an NT 4 domain, to AD using W2003.

We have a mix of clients, going all the way down to W95.  Things went pretty
smoothly, with only a few bumps.  One such bump is that by Default, W2003
tries forcing Kerebos Encryption on communication.  This type of encryption
slows things down, and is unavailable with 9x machines.  This setting can be
changed to either 'when available', or 'disabled'.  With it being forced, a
lot of our machines were a lot slower on the network, and none of the 9x
machines could connect.

Drew