[dba-Tech] Software Firewalls

Drew Wutka dbatech at wolfwares.com
Sun Dec 5 17:58:22 CST 2004

Ah, the monitoring outgoing.

That is something my boss 'loves' about Zone Alarm.

Want to know a secret?  Monitoring Outgoing is a waste of time.  If you want
to do that with hardware, you just need to get a better router.

Why would you really care what is going out?  If you use a spyware and virus
protection system, nothing will go out without you knowing it anyways.
Besides, with a firewall in place, something going out, can't come back in.

Drew