[dba-Tech] Software Firewalls

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 5 18:22:15 CST 2004

On 5 Dec 2004 at 17:54, Drew Wutka wrote:

> Go out and by a $40 router.  The firewall that you get will be all the
> protection you need, and it will probably have capabilities you would
> like on top of it.

I've got one. But it doesn't protect outbound. Just inbound. I've got
a healthy dose of paranoia when it comes to nasties on my PC. I've
never been infected with anything, virii, trojans or any nasty stuff
like that, and I'm trying to keep it that way.  That's why I want a
s/w firewall as well as the h/w router/firewall.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.