[dba-Tech] Google Alerts

Drew Wutka dbatech at wolfwares.com
Wed Dec 8 11:11:39 CST 2004

What is google alerts?

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of Mitsules,
Mark
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 10:38 AM
To: dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [dba-Tech] Google Alerts

Group,

Wasn't quite sure where to post this, so here goes.  I am the webmaster for
my departmental website.  I made it clear from the onset when I took the job
that I would NOT be responsible for creating the ongoing content, merely its
presentation.  Sad to say, but it appears that the content providers aren't
responsible either;)  In an attempt to provide ongoing unique content, I
have looked into Google alerts.  I'm setting up one now for industry related
news.  My question is this:

I will be receiving these alerts through Outlook with the goal of posting
them to our website in a timely manner using an automatic or semi-automatic
process.

Any great ideas on how to proceed?

Mark