[dba-Tech] Software Firewalls

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Dec 9 01:23:01 CST 2004

On 8 Dec 2004 at 11:27, Haslett, Andrew wrote:

> Be careful with the D-Link.  There's been reported issues with the latest
> firmware...

Not just the latest firmware.  Just saw this on another list I'm subscribed
to:
<quote>
I thought it would be fair to the group to mention that the socket
timeout problem I had with Mercury not accepting mail from one
particular mail server is now solved.

It appears it wasn't Mercury's problem but the router we have. We use
a D-Link 604 router and with old firmware it can create such
surprises. All problems disappeared after I upgraded the firmware.
</quote>
--
Stuart