[dba-Tech] Verifying Accuracy or Legitimacy of Email Address

James Moss jmoss111 at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 12 21:11:57 CST 2004

 Large Internet Service Providers such as America Online now require
legitimate e-mail marketers to authenticate their transmissions in order to
let them through to their users' inbox.

SPF makes it possible for  the receiving e-mail servers to verify in real
time that  you are who you say you are.  Many spammers conceal or "spoof"
their identity to avoid detection.  For more detailed information visit
http://postmaster.aol.com/spf/.

AOL will soon begin rejecting e-mail that does not support the SPF
standards.  Many other ISP's will follow suit.

Yahoo has their own authentication format, called Domain Keys.