[dba-Tech] Windows 2003 Server question: Named Pipes

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Sun Dec 26 15:20:53 CST 2004

I've converted one of my boxes to the above OS, and then attempted to
install MySQL 5.02 on it. Everything proceeds ok but then near the end
it chokes and says that it can't connect using named pipe MySQL. The
various config things all look different in Server 2003 and I'm not even
sure where to go to see if named pipes are installed (and if so,
correctly).

Any tips?

TIA,
Arthur