[dba-Tech] Drawing text/graphics on MS Access forms usingWin32API

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil-users at mns.ru
Mon Feb 16 18:36:16 CST 2004

>...love to  see the results if he takes it any further  :)
You're welcome, William and all! :)

I made it.

Here are the pics of the two test cases:
http://www.extvba.spb.ru/hypocycloid/fav34.jpg
http://www.extvba.spb.ru/hypocycloid/fav56.jpg

This is an MS Access form without any activeX etc. - the pics are drawn
on the detail section surface. I use my custom C++ DLL but not for
visual part of this MS Access application...
Resize is still a problem. Repaint seems always work OK after minimize
or making hidden/visible the form or its parts etc.  I don't think I
will work on fixing resize now - it was quite some free labor work and
it is enough for now...

I tested it on MS Win2K and MS Access 97/2000/XP. Hopefully it will work
on other MS Windows/Access versions too. Of course there is some tricky
hacking here but it shows itself as stable and no GPF after heavy load
with all that incredibly wonderful hypocycloid graphics...

Now I need volunteer testers who wanted to test this sample on:

- MS Win95
- MS Win98
- MS WinNT
- MS WinXP
- MS Windows .NET Server and
- all the versions of MS Access starting MS Access 97.

I will send you an MDE version for testing purposes.
I have to ask you to not redistribute this stuff until it will not be
clear it works OK and until I will not publish this info on my site.
I plan to do that in approx. 1 - 1.5 months - I plan to publish the
sources and quite some other tricky and unique Win32 API VBA programming
stuff I'm cooking here...
I need to work intensively on a new project now - so there is no  enough
time here to
continue with quick preparing of this info for publication.

Mark, thanks for your proposal  to play with Hypocycloids - they are
fascinating!

Shamil

P.S. I will need only one volunteer tester for each MS Windows/MS Access
version combination. I will  publish on my site the info on testing
results and the tester(if they want) as soon as I get positive feedback.