[dba-Tech] ESB tools and technologies

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jan 20 03:16:28 CST 2004

Hi Shamil

> Thank you for the reference, Gustav!

> I looked through the info on their site - this looks too good to be true
> :)  - I mean their post-relational DBMS Cach?:

> <<<
> Cach?, the post-relational database from InterSystems, has the features
> professional developers need to quickly create Web and client/server
> applications. Cach? benefits developers by giving them their choice of
> development tools, programming languages, and methods of data access.
> Cach? benefits transaction processing applications by providing
> outstanding performance, massive scalability, real-time data analytics,
> and robust reliability.

It _is_ very interesting indeed. I attended an introductory hands-on
workshop and am only looking for some time to have a closer look.
Also, at the office here, InterSystems have people who are prepared to
advice you on how to obtain the best results for a given project and
to run some special tests you may require.

> I'd prefer to stick mainly with MS software/development tools -
> IT-industry de-facto standard - they promise so many goodies in upcoming
> MS SQL 2004...

That is right but SQL Server has two major drawbacks: it only runs on
Windows and it is very expensive, indeed for a server with "public"
access from the Internet.

> <<<
>> Are you able to tell about your project?
>>>>
> I don't have any real projects - I'm just interested in ESB
> software/middleware - software integration projects based on software
> like FioranoESB may become a business, which even here in Russia could
> bring good income as opposed to software programming small business,
> which isn't a favoured and a good income business here...

That may be true. I haven't thought about it that way.

> <<<
> It sounds like something more
>> than a quickly whipped "Access database" ...!
>>>>
> BTW, I'm also looking for some work to make "quickly whipped Access
> databases" :)

OK! I'll have that in mind.

/gustav