[dba-Tech] ScanAlert

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Tue Jul 13 10:03:42 CDT 2004

I tried going to their site but it isn't loading at the moment, therefore I
am probably missing something.  I get the impression that this is more of a
B2B service (protect your site, show our seal, get more customers)...  Is
that how you've interpreted it?  It seems that at the customer level the
most they could possibly offer is to reimburse you for purchases made at one
of their member sites if in fact it can be proved that a hacker bypassed
their security (have you seen that claim?).  Yet my credit card company
already offers that level of protection for fraudulent purchases.  I'm still
not seeing the added value of their "seal"...

Now, on the other hand, if credit card companies start limiting their
liability by only covering purchases made at member sites then the value of
that seal starts to increase.

Mark