[dba-Tech] Opera memory usage

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Jul 25 22:58:08 CDT 2004

I am using Opera a lot recently (and generally love it) but it seems to
consume memory at a prodigious rate.  After a few hours of comparison
shopping for various items, plus a bit of research it is up to 125 mb of
memory (according to Task Manager).  Granted, closing Opera does give the
memory back to the system, but that still seems excessive.  If I then simply
re-open Opera, it loads the previous state (tabs open, pages loaded) but the
memory used drops to a much more reasonable 28mb.

I have to assume that it is caching the world.  Is there any way to set a
limit to the size of that cache so the memory consumption doesn't get so
humongous?