[dba-Tech] Windows ME Malware problem

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Jul 28 08:00:10 CDT 2004

Steven,

This is a great example of how this stuff can get out of hand.  Each of
these things sounds like it might be useful.  Taken as a whole it sounds
overwhelming.  Then take into account the fact that I want to block cookies
from this site but I want to allow cookies from that site.  How am I
supposed to administer all these things.  How am I supposed to even
UNDERSTAND all these things?  This is like asking me to adjust the local 727
that I am supposed to be just flying in.  OK, maybe like adjusting the
Cessna that I am just flying in.  Sounds good in theory, but the effects can
be pretty awful.

It seems to me like you'd need to play with each of these settings, one at a
time, for several days each just so that you could see their effects on
various sites that you know how they should look.  Who has time for that?