[dba-Tech] A DELL TECH Support Story

Haslett, Andrew andrew.haslett at ilc.gov.au
Thu Jul 29 04:51:51 CDT 2004

OK thats fair enough.

Coming from a role where I worked partly on the helpdesk, I can appreciate
how its almost impossible 'support' every possible combination of
hardware/software etc (as well as certain people...).  It would be suicide
to recommend or direct users to thrid party sites or solutions.

You are aware that you can download all the drivers from the Dell support
website yourself, free of chanrge, without spending any money?

We've had no problems with Dell. Their delivery times and support have been
excellent (Australia). Replacement parts / technicians often arive the same
day to fix or replace parts.

Depends on individuals experiences...

Cheers,
Andrew