[dba-Tech] Laptop Recommendation

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Thu Jun 3 09:14:50 CDT 2004

Dell is offering their Inspiron 600m for $700.  Pentium M at 1.5GHz, Intel
PROWireless 2100 802.11b 11Mbps Mini-PCI Wireless Card (I thought with the
mobile technology you didn't need a card), Win XP Home, 5123MB RAM, 40GB HD,
14.1 inch XGA TFT Display, CD Burner/DVD Combo, includes serial and parallel
ports.

Fry's has the Sony Vaio for $1200:  P4, 2.8GHz, CD-RW/DVD, 512MB RAM, 15
inch XGA TFT display, 40GB HD, Integrated WiFi, 10/100 NIC, modem, memory
stick slot, WIN XP Home.

Any opinions?

Rocky