[dba-Tech] Laptop Recommendation

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Fri Jun 4 04:21:26 CDT 2004

Steve,

In my latest issue of Maximum PC (June 2004), there is a sidebar regarding
this issue.  To save time, I'll just quote it directly.

HAVE YOU BOUGHT A PC FROM L COMPUTERS?
For that matter, has anyone?

We featured L Computers on our January 2004 cover for the company's
audacious approach to high-end PC design, even though we were skeptical
about some of the hyped technologies that were MIA in our test unit.

Now we're even more skeptical.  Despite announcements of even faster
computers and retail partnerships "soon," Maximum PC has been unable to
locate a single person who's purchased a computer from www.go-l.com.  If you
have - or if you've even tried - we'd like to talk to you.  E-mail us at
input at maximumpc.com.
<<

If you're interested, I can dig out my January 2004 issue and go into
details regarding what they found during their review.

Mark