[dba-Tech] Access on Tablet PC

Reische, Brenda L. blreische at mdh.org
Mon Jun 7 14:02:18 CDT 2004

>Do you think clicking/picking from a list is more difficult on a tablet?

I think some 'computer challenged' people have expressed difficulties using
the pen for drop downs.

The magnetic pens aren't exactly accurate.  The probem comes when they click
on the combo drop down icon, then they "hover" the pen over the choices
until they highlight the one they want, then they touch it.  As long as the
font size is big enough to make that process work, it's ok, but the screen
size of the tablets is fairly small on the ones we have, so it was an issue
for us.  If your end-users are good users it will probably work ok.

The radio buttons &/or check boxes work excellent on tablets.

HTH,

Brenda Reische
Application Support Analyst
McDonough District Hospital