[dba-Tech] M6805 laptop - The wireless hurdle

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Jun 9 12:37:07 CDT 2004

Well, I finally got my new laptop in my home network.  Had to pretty much
emasculate the wireless link to do so but maybe now I can go back and add
security back in.

I spent many hours screwing around with this but in the end, ended up
stopping the wired (network cable) connection and running the "give me the
internet" wizard again, then turning off the built-in firewall (god I hate
WinXP), and suddenly I have internet and the computers can talk to each
other.