[dba-Tech] Case mods

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Mon Jun 21 12:08:32 CDT 2004

Gustav Brock wrote On 6/19/2004 4:10 AM:

>Hi Gary and Fransisco
>

>>Cool but I don't really get WHY?
>>

>For fun, of course; or to enjoy some of your creative skills. Have you
>never, say, programmed something for fun rather than simply "to be
>productive"?

Well yes of course, I know I'm getting old when I ask such questions.
In fact the art quality that Jon mentioned is rather impressive (I hope
I didn't imply that it wasn't).  And this is the sort of thing that
occurs in any environment once the platform stabalizes.  If you look at
P4's and Athlon based systems, they are pretty much fast enough for just
about all tasks required of them.  Thus people begin to concentrate on
artsy designs rather on cooling and performance.  In fact I never would
have considered silent fans for any of my sytems until now that I've
found suitable fans and plenty of cooling. :)

--
-Francisco