[dba-Tech] Beastie Boys CD installs virus

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Wed Jun 23 09:45:44 CDT 2004

bleah,
   This is why Pirate CD's continue to run so rampant.  There's also
some new technology for DVDs where they are gonna make them unreadable
after 8hrs (it used to be a few days but they've cut down that time).
By doing this they are speculating that the MPAA will now charge more
for regular DVDs that don't have this auto-lock feature.

More reasons why people just backup the media before they begin to use it.

Jon Tydda wrote On 6/23/2004 6:49 AM:

>Apologies for the cross post, I just couldn't decide which group would
>benefit more from seeing this :-)
>
>Jon
>
>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/23/beastie_boy_cd_virus/
><http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/23/beastie_boy_cd_virus/>
>
>By Thomas C  <mailto:thomas.greene at theregister.co.uk> Greene
>Published Wednesday 23rd June 2004 11:18 GMT

<snip>
--
-Francisco