[dba-Tech] Laptop on home network

Ken Stoker kens.programming at verizon.net
Thu Jun 24 12:06:40 CDT 2004

I am having problems getting my laptop to connect to my new home/office
network.  I have a server that is acting as the domain controller and using
active directory, running Win2K Server.  I have two other machines, one
running Win2K and one WinXP Pro, that connected with very little problems.
My laptop, on the other hand, says it cannot find the domain.  I can ping my
server from the laptop, but cannot ping the laptop from the server.  I have
tried to follow the troubleshooting help, which led me down the path of
using nslookup to change some stuff I don't completely understand yet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ken