[dba-Tech] Unstable Wireless Netowrk

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Mar 7 09:28:35 CST 2004

On 7 Mar 2004 at 7:07, Rocky Smolin - Beach Access S wrote:

> Stuart and William:
>
> If it's another wireless network, would using the encryption feature stop
> the interference?  Is there a way to change channels?  I think I read
> somewhere that San Diego county it one of the most highly wired in the word.
> Seems to me that if 1/2 the houses on our street had wireless networks,
> there would be a lot of interference.  Don't these things have different
> channels like the wireless phones?

Encryption won't reduce interference in fact it will reduce
performance.

There are eleven possible frequencies in the 2.4Ghz band for wireless
LANs. You should be able to configure your router to use a different
frequency.  IRIC, in some areas you are limited to using only 3 of
these bands. You would have to check your router documentation as to
how to do it.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg