[dba-Tech] Unstable Wireless Netowrk

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Tue Mar 9 09:21:49 CST 2004

If they can access your network, then there is the possibility that they
can access your files. Especially if there are no share passwords on
them.

If that's the case, then the war driver's laptop will act exactly like
your wife's and have access to what ever is shared.

Or at least that is my understanding.

That is one reason I have everything wired in my house. Nothing like a
cat5 running across the dining room and living room to hook up the
laptop :)

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> bchacc at san.rr.com 09-Mar-04 10:04:58 AM >>>
Bryan:

I don't really care about that.  We live on a cul-de-sac in a very
wired
neighborhood (I think I read somewhere that San Diego is the most
wired
county in the nation).  I'm more concerned about people being able to
see
files on our hard drives.  Is that a possibility if our drives are
shared?

Rocky