[dba-Tech] FrontPage 2003 Text tool disabled???

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sun Mar 14 14:10:09 CST 2004

Hi,

A client recently upgraded from FrontPage 2000 to FrontPage 2003.
 Strange things have happened to the text boxes on his graphic images.
 The ones that were in place have become rectangular hot spots with no
destination.  When he tries to add a text box (click the Text tool on
the Pictures toolbar), he finds the Text tool greyed out.  It is
completely unresponsive.  I've looked it over - it is disabled.  The
Help says that to add a Text-on-graphic component, one must have the
right format for the graphic (.gif), which he does; one must click the
Text tool on the Pictures toolbar, which he can't because the darned
thing is not enabled.

We figured out a workaround - creating a new layer above the layer on
which the graphic is, and placing the text in it.  So, he can continue
to maintain his website - but WHY isn't the Text tool enabled on the
Pictures toolbar?  Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Have any ideas?
 It's not popping up in the FAQ for FrontPage 2003 on the Microsoft
site, and I didn't find postings on it in the first newsgroup I've
scanned.  Got me stumped.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Tina