[dba-Tech] Win 95 problem

Jon Tydda Jon.Tydda at alcontrol.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 09:02:58 CST 2004

Hi all - I've got a pc here with a bit of a problem. It's running Win 95 (I
think it's a P2-400ish) and is an instrument controller for an analytical
instrument (with, typically, the only copy of the software on the pc). One
day it stopped seeing the network - to me, it looks like some of the dll's
have been removed, but it will not let me run the hardware installer to
install a new network card, or drivers for anything. It's displaying
everything in 16 colour, 400*600 mode, which is a little disorientating to
say the least.

Without reinstalling windows (as I'm not sure if it'll stop the instrument
software working) is there any way to solve this problem? Please bear in
mind that I've not used Win 95 for a good few years - and am more proficient
in 2k, so I've forgotten some of the subtleties of 95.

Thanks

Jon

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available on request from : webmaster at alcontrol.co.uk
ALcontrol Laboratories is a trading division of ALcontrol UK Limited.
Registered Office: Templeborough House, Mill Close, Rotherham, S60 1BZ.
Registered in England and Wales No 4057291