[dba-Tech] Outlook pegs cpu utilization

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Fri May 21 11:50:55 CDT 2004

Actually it's exhilarating...  you've stated in the past that you don't
specifically like being a jack of all trades.  I personally hate outlook
and use it here at work for 2 purposes, receiving scheduled meetings
reminders from people and some email importing for a distributed app I
have, otherwise I pre-screen my favorite email client.

most people use Outlook because the company uses outlook and many
companies use Outlook because it's pre-bundled in Office and it relieves
the overhead of having to go out and *purchase* an email client site
license.  I don't believe it's a matter of choice, but rather
convenience.  I don't like Outlook for several reasons, but overhead on
the pc and viruses are my primary reasons.

--
-Francisco