[dba-Tech] Converting LPs into digital audio

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Tue Nov 16 12:53:52 CST 2004

Dear Group,

A few years ago I transferred two LPs worth of Whamco ads to .WAV files using GoldWave and my old 133 MHz laptop and a Radio Shack patch cable (mini plug to RCA pin jack). I tried to get a third LP to transfer but I had trouble with distortion in my system somewhere.

Have any of you converted LPs to WAV or MP3 or Windows Media? I went an extra step with the Whamco ads to convert them to Real Audio files, but I'd like to make them available on-line in both Real and Windows Media formats. Any suggestions for doing this process all over again from LP to digital?

By the way, you can hear what I'm talking about here: http://www.swerbach.com/id25.htm . WHAMCO was the name given to a spoof mega-conglomerate that had products in just about every consumer category you could think of. The ads were produced by a popular Denver morning radio team back in the late 70s/early 80s.

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI