[dba-Tech] Heinz

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Nov 16 17:14:53 CST 2004

On 16 Nov 2004 at 8:47, John Bartow wrote:

> WH-OOPS! I meant to type "treat"
>
> Oh well, a "man's treat" either way I guess.
>
> Glad to see you've got "BD treat" plans! East Indian is one type of
> restaurant I've never been to. None around here unfortunately. I like to try
> every kind of food there is so I keep my eyes open for those I haven't tried
> yet. Almost made it to one in Chicago a few years back but it was closed
> that day. Have fun!

What do you guys mean by "East Indian"?   I thought you septics used that
term for Indonesia or sometimes for  Thailand/Malaysian/Indonesia (which
region incidentally has several different cuisines).

But aloo palak isn't from that part of the world at all.
All  aloos (potato based dishes) are "real" Indian dishes from the Indian
subcontinent. Aloo is the Hindi word for potato, patak is Hindi for
spinach.

 More specifically they are  generally northern Indian
(Punjab/Kashmir/Rajisthan) which has very different food  to southern
India.

--
Stuart