[dba-Tech] Access vs. .NET

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Thu Nov 18 09:04:58 CST 2004

John,

>> I did enter data into a vt100 with a punched card drawn on the screen were you had to enter the FORTRAN syntax into specific columns.  YUK! <<

The old VT-100, eh? Back when audible keystroke feedback was deemed desirable. I have to admit that I liked the keyboard click on the original DEC Rainbow 100 (you could mute it if you wanted to), as well as the scooped-out F, J, and 5 keys for home-row location.

As far as that card drawn on the screen, sometimes I think that we as developers aren't making it obvious enough for our users. Back then there were RULES and, by God, you FOLLOWED them!

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI