[dba-Tech] Access vs. .NET

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Thu Nov 18 10:28:15 CST 2004

John,

>> All the end user classes should be searched, then a drill down to look at inherited stuff if you want to.  That isn't how it works, and probably never will work that way so it's all a moot point. <<

I've wondered about the organization of the "help" myself. You're right about the inheritance hierarchy. One would think that a switch could be invoked to allow the hierarchical detail to be displayed, something like the sub datasheet concept in Access. Yeah, it's a moot point, but we're the poor schmucks that have to deal with the help system.

Speaking of books, I purchased the entire Murach series on .NET development and SQL Server (Beginning Visual Basic .NET, VB.NET Database Programming w/ADO.NET, ASP.NET Web Programming w/VB.NET, and SQL for SQL Server) as well as the O'Reilly Programming ASP.NET, and the Microsoft ASP.NET Programming with Visual Basic.NET Step by Step and Web Database Development Step by Step .NET edition. How about you?

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI