Svar: RE: [dba-Tech] Access vs. .NET

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Nov 18 10:35:40 CST 2004

Hi Steve with the unlimited book budget ...

Holy .... How do ever get time for programming?

Shamil, which books can you recommend - if you bought any at all?

/gustav

>>> serbach at new.rr.com 18-11-2004 17:28:15 >>>

John,

>> All the end user classes should be searched, then a drill down to
look at inherited stuff if you want to.  That isn't how it works, and
probably never will work that way so it's all a moot point. <<

I've wondered about the organization of the "help" myself. You're right
about the inheritance hierarchy. One would think that a switch could be
invoked to allow the hierarchical detail to be displayed, something like
the sub datasheet concept in Access. Yeah, it's a moot point, but we're
the poor schmucks that have to deal with the help system.

Speaking of books, I purchased the entire Murach series on .NET
development and SQL Server (Beginning Visual Basic .NET, VB.NET Database
Programming w/ADO.NET, ASP.NET Web Programming w/VB.NET, and SQL for SQL
Server) as well as the O'Reilly Programming ASP.NET, and the Microsoft
ASP.NET Programming with Visual Basic.NET Step by Step and Web Database
Development Step by Step .NET edition. How about you?

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI