[dba-Tech] Converting LPs into digital audio

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Sun Nov 21 03:03:00 CST 2004

Well I have exactly the same prob.

I done the testing, bought the software, have a good audiocard, a good
RIAA pre-amp...
But can't buy me time...
And with a 4 year old son always around (and a second new son in 3
weeks), I believe it will be for next year when we are moved to our new
home and I have a seperate space to do this...

My cd's took about 3 months (a couple days's a week).
My vinyl will probably take at least a year.
I only intend to put the songs I really like on computer (as a dj you
buy a lot of cr*p you don't like yourself), but still...

Maybe this is a solution to speed things up?!
Use an very old 78 rmp recordplayer which you can stack the vinyl and
the record drops automaticly when finisching the current one.
Play all records at 78 rpm!
Afterwards cut he wave in pieces and slow down the music with x percent
using a software tool.
That would mean a time saving of 33 to 66%!!!

Isn't that an idea?

:-)
Erwin