[dba-Tech] Just loaded Linux for the first time

Mark Breen mark.breen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 13:49:49 CDT 2004

Hello All,

I just loaded Mandrake Linux for the first time.

I only spent an hour with it, but I was thoroughly unimpressed.  It
reminded me of Word and Excel of 1992 and having spent ten years or
more becoming proficient with an OS, I felt like I used to back in
'92.

It is not free, it is not world class, so why does every one still
keep talking about it.

I do not love MS but at least their products are world class,

Let me know if I am completely off the wall.

Thanks

Mark Breen
Ireland