[dba-Tech] Just loaded Linux for the first time

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 12:09:14 CDT 2004

Mark, I think you are comming off this the wrong way.  I will bet
money that you were not as proficient in the Windows OS as you are now
back in 92.  Linux Desktops will take some getting used to... You'll
want to observe some of the current distros out there for Desktop
Linux as opposed to Server Linux distros.

My favorite for home users is Knoppix.  It runs right off the CD and
is a breeze to set up. (install).  I don't think you can just get up
and expect to begin running over night...

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:02:10 +0200, Gustav Brock <gustav at cactus.dk> wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> If you are looking for Linux on the desktop, Xandros may be more what
> you are after:
>
>   http://www.xandros.com/
>
> /gustav
>

> > I just loaded Mandrake Linux for the first time.

-Francisco