[dba-Tech] Just loaded Linux for the first time

Mark Breen mark.breen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 10:38:12 CDT 2004

Hello Arthur,

Thanks for that,

I did have the perception that Linux is used for a range of embedded
type systems, as you mention.  Now that you have mentioned it, I guess
I did also now that Linux, well more Apache, was dominant worldwide, I
had always presumed that it was down to cost.  I never had any idea
whether Linux / Apache is better or worse than the NT Platform and
IIS.

Regardless of whether I like it or not, I still find it facinating.  I
bet MS are gobsmacked at how it even exists, it should not made any
sense?

Mark