[dba-Tech] Thunderbird question

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Fri Oct 22 11:57:30 CDT 2004

Generally speaking, I have come to like Thunderbird a lot, but one thing
I either can't figure out how to use, or maybe it doesn't work correctly
-- the equivalent of Outlook rules. I have created about a dozen message
filters and so far as I can determine a few of them are working, but
most are not.

Further, the "Run Filters on Folder" command just seems to do nothing.

Any confirmation of this problem, or advice on how to make this feature
work?

TIA,
Arthur

P.S.

There is an option to import addresses etc. from various clients,
including Outlook. However, Outlook is not on this machine, or to be
accurate it is on this machine but is empty and unused. Thinking that
Thunderbird would let me point to an Outlook.pst file, I copied said
file from the other machine, but TB seems to look only where it thinks
Outlook.pst should be. Is there any damage likely to occur if I simply
replace the empty Outlook file with the one copied from the other box?