[dba-Tech] Desktop recommendation

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Mon Oct 25 07:30:50 CDT 2004

Speaking of cases...does anyone have any experience with the small form
factor cases...specifically, Shuttle?  I've grown weary over the past few
years of having this huge tower on my desk.  Space isn't the issue, my desk
is huge, I'm just looking at clean-looking alternatives. Here is my current
(achievable) wish-list.  The processor is the least expensive option
available in that performance line, giving me plenty of room for future
upgrades.  I should mention that this would be primarily a gaming machine,
hence the small, screamingly fast hard drive.  Any comments?

$319  Shuttle XPC Black Barebone System
      for Socket 939 AMD Athlon 64 CPU,
      Model SN95G5, nVidia nForce 3.

$179  AMD 3000 90nm 939pin