[dba-Tech] Calculator

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Thu Sep 2 16:49:33 CDT 2004

Peter,

>> Um, 'cuz their biz model isn't 'we sell it to you once, you use it forever'? <<

You have a point. But, man, I look over at my new system sitting here on some spare horizontal surface (precious little of that, let me tell you). It's an Athlon 64 with a gigabyte of RAM and twin 80 GB drives and an 8x AGP graphics card and a clear side panel so you can see inside and a Thermalright XP-120 CPU cooler with an accompanying 120 mm CPU fan...and I just dread going ahead with re-installing everything. I've got Windows XP Pro up to SP2 and a couple of security programs on it, but that's all. Gawd! My wrist gets sympathetic carpal tunnel syndrome when I just think of re-installing all my s/w.

Steve Erbach