[dba-Tech] Calculator

Scott Marcus marcus at tsstech.com
Fri Sep 3 06:31:07 CDT 2004

Francisco,

<<With the release of Windows (95/98/se/ME) and then later nt/2k/xp
<<I've found that upgrade installs often miss something in the process.

I've found this to be true also. I have seen people complain about how
the new version of Windows(each time a new version came out) has all
these problems including speed issues. The first thing I ask is "Did you
upgrade from a previous version or clean install?". Most of the time, I
find that the user upgraded. After a fresh install, everything seems
better.

Steven,

If it takes weeks to reinstall applications back on your machine, maybe
you have too much software on it. When I fresh install a machine, with
tons of software(Office, Visual Studio, Antivirus, Adobe, NERO, Video
Editors, Special Hardware, SP2,...), it never takes more than a few
hours of actual time. Sure, it takes all day before the machine is
complete. Most of that time is when I go and do something else while I'm
waiting.

Scott Marcus