[dba-Tech] Basic Questions about Word

Kath Pelletti KP at sdsonline.net
Tue Sep 7 19:43:16 CDT 2004

Hi Arthur - I would not consider myself to be an expert on Word - but you may want to have a play with the 'hidden' format available under the Format Font menu.

That format makes text a) not display and b) not print.

I think something along these lines would work...

- Highlight each of your guideline areas of text and give them a bookmark name, eg. Guideline1, Guideline2, etc.

- Write a macro (just using the Tools menu) to 'Go to' each of your bookmarks and then Format, Font Hidden. You could attach the print preview function so that the doc. was then ready to go.

- Maybe have another macro to Ctrl+a and format, font, unhidden.

Then put the macros on your toolbar.

HTH
Kath