[dba-Tech] Backup Software

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 17:31:29 CDT 2004

I Backup my SQL Server databases to DISK, then from DISK to TAPE using
the ol' MS backup software.  I recenlty planted the idea of getting
Veritas, we used to use it when I worked for another company,  The
software at the time was $500 bucks plus each option was $500, so
things like SQL Server backup + Open Files were a must... and made the
product $1500 out the door. :|

At home I have a DVD burner, and I Ghost my C drive to 3 DVDs.  music
drive is backed up to a single 4.7 gb dvd, since I don't have much of
a collection... but Pictures are DUAL BACKEDUP to a DVD+R and DVD-R,
which I keep in seperate locations.  when I add new pics I just burn
more DVDRs

-Francisco
http://ft316db.VOTEorNOT.org