[dba-Tech] OT: Friday Humor: A new petition to support outdated(?)technologies...

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Apr 29 09:33:07 CDT 2005

Hi Shamil

I don't find this OT, on the contrary very relevant.

It's right that software doesn't get worn out - thus, to state that
some software has turned bad just because something new is available, is
wrong. What matters is if it runs stable and at acceptable speed and if
it interfaces easily if that is needed (which, by the way, in my
experience is the typical reason for obsoleting an application).

As to "off-shore development" - we just call it outsourcing here - it
is perfectly acceptable for jobs where human interaction is not that
important. My son in law gets zope programming done in India and I'm
convinced we will experience much more of such cross boarder development
- as your helper add-ins project demonstrates. Of course, if the
development involves a lot of discussion with clients for custom
applications, the method will not be effective - these cases demand
physical presence.

/gustav

>>> shamil at users.mns.ru 04/29 2:01 pm >>>
Hi All,

I'm a kind of changing my profession (:)) and I'm asking for your
opinion of
this my first try to write a humoristic and slightly (hopefully
slightly
only) sarcastic text - please go here if you have time:

http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/shamil_s/idlpetit.htm

and have a look and send me, please, your feedback privately

Any feedback is very welcome!

Honestly, I'm looking for setting long-term partnerships with
somebody.

The recent my programming works are here:

http://www.code-vb.com/download.htm
(Help Generator set of Add-ins).

No, I'm not trying to promote this stuff for you to purchase it - I'm
just
referring
it to show what was done here recently, off-shore, without any phone
talks,
any business trips - just using e-mail ping-pong and in urgent cases
MS
Messenger chatting to send short specs and to get back developed
software.

Yes, I know, off-shore development isn't in favor there.
Should I leave my homeland and go there to maybe have better life and
compete for the jobs with you there at your home?
Yes, the chances to land a better job look much higher in this
case(statistics) but I think I can do some very good stuff here, which
will not be able to do there because it will cost more because of the
higher
life costs and the higher taxes rates there.
Therefore, IMO,  my off-shore development proposal is a fair business
proposal because I'm not going "sitting here" to compete with you
there
using "dirt-cheap" dumping rates but I'm going to compete by proposing
slightly lower rates, which will open opportunities, which in other
cases
will not be opened at all because they will be financially
meaningless...
So, I propose to get into longterm cooperation to assist you in your
business and for you to assist me in my off-shore development
freelance
business...

Thank you,
Shamil

P.S. Crossposted to Dba-OT. Will it reach it or not, I'm unsure about
that,
if it will reach, please, don't reply on this message there in DBA-OT,
please, send me your feedback privately because I'm not reading DBA-OT
these
days....

--
Web: http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/shamil_s