[dba-Tech] Serv-U

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 00:35:04 CDT 2005

I've tried a few diffrent software firewalls, I've found the easiest to set
up w/ the most flexibility is Filezilla server. It sets up easily for
passive/active mode. I tried Serv-U for a while and had trouble connecting
w/ IE/FF depending on wether I was on the network or on the net.

On 8/2/05, John W. Colby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get Serv-U FTP server going on my server here in my office.
> The install was simple and just worked. It works just fine inside of my
> network, using ftp://192.168.122.106 (the server IP address) but I cannot
> see it going out to the internet and coming back in. I have a dlink 624 (I
> think) router, in which I have forwarded ports 20 and 21 to
> 192.168.122.106 <http://192.168.122.106>.
> I just cannot see the server, from my laptop, going out and back in.
>
> One of my tech assists suggested that my ISP might be blocking port 20/21,
> so I set up the server to look for the ftp at 59999 and then used :59999
> at
> the end to try and force contact at that port. That does not work either.
>
> Can anyone suggest how to test this thing, coming in from the outside? If
> anyone out there knows this stuff, and in particular has experience with
> Serv-U, can you assist me in getting this working.
>
> John W. Colby
> www.ColbyConsulting.com <http://www.ColbyConsulting.com>
>
> Contribute your unused CPU cycles to a good cause:
> http://folding.stanford.edu/

-Francisco
http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!