[dba-Tech] Need New AV -- Suggestions?

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 4 12:39:04 CDT 2005

/>What kind of problems is everyone having with NAV? I have never had any
 >problems with NAV and have been using it since somewhere around 2001.
/
On XP, NAV often stopped functioning for no apparent reason, requiring
reboots (sometimes multiple). On W2K and XP, though it was being kept
up-to-date, it let /many/ viruses through. On both, it dramatically
slowed down email processing and web browsing. A lot of "system"
problems went away when it was removed. It was intrusive and ugly.

It was so bad, I wouldn't have another Norton product on the premises.

PB

-----