[dba-Tech] Need New AV -- Suggestions?

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Fri Aug 5 08:43:25 CDT 2005

That looks interesting.  I have been buying a 10-computer license for
F-Prot (goofy name, I know) from Frisk International for the last 3 or 4
years.  The program is fast, unobtrusive, and it doesn't try to install
everything from anti-virus to starting the coffee and tea in the morning
or take over all the management of my computer (my REALLY big objection
to McAfee) - and reasonably priced (though NOT free).  It has a number
of automatic settings available for those who want them.  I check for
updates myself rather than use the automatic check (yup, I prefer
stick-shift, too, over automatic transmission for my cars - REALLY WIERD
PERSON).  But, I do use the F-Stop, a real-time monitor for incoming
stuff.

The ClamWin price and philosophy are very attractive.  I will download
and look more closely.  Thanks for mentioning it.

Tina