[dba-Tech] FYI: Friday technical reading: Hitting the highnotes...

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Sat Aug 6 05:46:07 CDT 2005

<<<
 Unfortunately that does not bode
 well for your "high priced overseas" idea either.

My(?) idea is not "high priced overseas" but "reasonably priced overseas"
against what I see and what I'd call "abusive priced overseas" with real
money going to all kinds of mediators and managers controlling "semi-slave
but effective(?) overseas programmers workforce"...

Hopefully Andy will not find this thread as off-topic because the rates we
are working at as software programmers professionals all over the World -
this question is really a technical question in the sense that reasonable
fair rates create fair competition and what happens now  as I see it - this
is more using advantages of developed world to abuse developing countries
than to give the people of developing countries real opportunities and
involve them in free Worldwide competition where only experience and talent
what really matters. I know that sounds idealistic, sorry (I know Hindman
will not agree - I understand his position).

So I'm for reasonably priced overseas or Worldwide programmers market, which
I'm sure will create a lot of new opportunities to you there and which will
not "suck and steal" some of your jobs from there and from here - will not
"leak"(that much) the most talented people grown and educated here as it
happens now...

I do believe this fair market will be created sooner or later and  I wish it
happened sooner for me to have opportunity to work in it....
And I wanted to invite you to work on this market foundations together for
mutual advantage for us and for the coming generations...( I know it sounds
pathetic, sorry)

Shamil