[dba-Tech] GoogleEarth and WinServer 2003

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Sun Aug 14 15:42:48 CDT 2005

I can run GoogleEarth in OpenGL mode but not in DirectX mode. The former is
much slower. Do I need to install some DirectX stuff to make it work? The
chip and the RAM meet the specs but I get busted at the start with a message
saying I can't support DirectX. OpenGL works but painfully slowly -- reminds
me of the old Portuguese guy who comes around to sharpen knives. He's lousy
at the job but we all feel sorry for him and give him work anyway.

Any download recommendations so I can make DirectX work?

TIA,
Arthur