[dba-Tech] Determine current position in Word

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Wed Aug 24 10:44:01 CDT 2005

I have tried both methods and I must be doing something wrong because
neither method works for me.
Here is the exact scenario:
I open a template containing numerous bookmarks. I open a recordset and
populate the bookmarks with values from the recordset. So far so good. I
also write an RTF document containing the rows and columns of the tables
that I need (there are two). I know the name of the RTF I just generated.
Then I try to apply your code and nothing happens.
The tables I must insert occur at a bookmark which is in about the middle of
the document. I populate bookmarks before and after said bookmark. All works
well.
Now, I try your second example code fragment. I had a problem with the line:
	Set rng = doc.Bookmarks("BookmarkName").Range
I changed it to:
        Set rng = doc.Bookmarks.Item("AdditionalInformationTable")
Then it compiled successfully (Access 2003). However, nothing is there in
the resulting document where the table should be. All the other bookmarks
have been successfully populated, but not the one where I want to plant the
table(s).
I am obviously doing something wrong. Please tell me what it is.