[dba-Tech] The Three Doors Problem

Scott Marcus marcus at tsstech.com
Fri Aug 26 06:10:27 CDT 2005

You should always switch because statistically you had a 1/3 chance of
picking the correct door. You have a 2/3 chance of being right by
switching.

To make this clearer, you could say that there are a million doors with
only one grand prize. I would then take away all the wrong doors except
yours and one other door. Now which would you choose?

Scott Marcus
IT Programmer
TSS Technologies Inc.
www.tss.com